Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Military Proud!

 
I cannot believe tomorrow will be the 4th of July! (What happened to June?) A time to celebrate our nation's freedom.  Freedom that our military personnel have fought and are still fighting for.
 
I am proud to say that I come from a military family.  My biological father, Jim Kidd, was in the Army.  Yes, I am an Army brat born in Germany.  I have 3 uncles that have served in the Air Force, two which retired from after many years.  And I currently have a cousin and his wife serving in the Air Force. 
 
Another little known fact about me.....There was even a time I considered going into the Air Force so that I could go to college.  But I never followed through - I think having an uncle say he would not salute his niece scared me away!  LOL!
 
So on this holiday, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to my family for serving.  THANK YOU to all my friends that have family serving in the Armed Forces.  It is because of you that we have this great country, The United States of America!
 
Happy 4th of July and remember - - Sparkle on!!

(L-R)  My three Uncles - Joe, Lyle and Frank


My Cousins - Destiny and Adam

2 comments:

  1. Aw, now I want to make something red, white & blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give your family a thanks from me:) have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete